Some of our therapists now offer in-office appointments again, while continuing to offer video and telephone sessions. Most of our clients have found video and telephone appointments effective and highly beneficial and we will continue to offer them. Some clients prefer in-office appointments and we are pleased to be able to provide them again.
Here’s what you will see when you make an appointment through our online booking system:
- Select your therapist to see the schedule. Select the day and time of your preferred appointment. If in-office appointments are available that day, the option to book an in-office appointment will be available. If not, then you will only see the options to book video or telephone appointments. So, if you don’t see an in-office option, you will need to pick a different day.
- Video and telephone appointments are still available on in-office days – just select the type of session you want.
- For in-office appointments, before your appointment time, you will receive a COVID-19 questionnaire that asks the standard Covid-19 questions. It’s really important to us to protect everyone’s health – clients, therapists, other members of the public in our building, and so on. If you answer yes to any of the questions, please contact the office to reschedule your appointment (780.710.9567).
- When you come into the office, please do the following:
- Wear a mask. Effective August 1, 2020, wearing a mask or face covering became mandatory in all indoor public places and public vehicles (Bylaw 19408). The bylaw exceptions allow for the removal of masks during sessions (if both client(s) and therapist agree to do so and maintain 2 metres distance).
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer as soon as you enter, and before entering a counselling office, and at any time you accidentally touch your face, or use a tissue.
- Maintain physical distancing of 2 metres. Before your appointment you can also wait outside the office in your car, coming into the waiting area a few minutes prior to your appointment start.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow (not your hands!).
- Refrain from touching your face and avoid touching surfaces as much as you can.
- Tell your therapist immediately if you develop any symptoms or feel unwell during your session, so you can be given a mask (if you forgot to bring one) and leave for home.
- We have set up several procedures at our end to help protect everyone:
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces.
- Providing hand sanitizer.
- Screening clients prior to appointments (the online form noted in item 3).
- Screening therapists and other people using the building.
- Requiring anyone with symptoms to leave the building.
- Maintaining physical distancing inside the building and in our therapist’s offices.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your visit more comfortable.