At PsychSolutions, Inc., you can receive advanced training in EMDR. This training follows the framework developed by Dr. Francine Shapiro and case conceptualization established by Dr. Andrew Leeds.
Through this training, EMDR-trained therapists can meet the following goals:
- Consultation requirements for EMDR Basic Training (10 consultation hours)
- To pursue and obtain EMDR Certification Status (15 of 20 consultation hours)
- To build skills and confidence in using EMDR therapy
Consultations will include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Formulating strong case conceptualization
- Evaluating client readiness for EMDR Therapy
- Screening for and understanding Dissociative Disorders and Dissociation
- Ensuring fidelity to EMDR procedural steps
- Strengthening understanding of the Standard EMDR Protocol and modified EMDR protocols
- Selecting appropriate targets
- Exploring transference and counter-transference issues
- Addressing any clinical questions or concerns
This training is offered by Amanda Santarossa, a Registered Psychologist. Amanda is a Certified EMDR Therapist and an EMDRIA Approved Consultant-in-Training (in consultation with Jasmine Alexander, EMDR Centre of Canada).
Click here to read more about Amanda.
To book a consultation appointment with her, click here.