About Amanda Santarossa, M.C., Registered Psychologist
I believe that counselling is helpful for enhancing overall health, and for creating meaning and hope.
My goal in therapy is to work with my clients in a way that is most helpful to them; most often, this involves a collaborative approach and a co-creation of solutions.
I offer a mindful, compassion-centred approach to counselling that incorporates Eastern and Western psychology practices.
As a registered psychologist, I enjoy working with a variety of populations including in youth, adults, families, and groups.
Training & Qualifications
I am a registered psychologist with a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology. My practice is trauma informed.
-License Number: 4942.
Areas of Interest & Specialty
- Cross-cultural issues
- Adjustment Difficulties
- Women’s Health
Am I the Best Therapist for You?
We will likely be a good fit if you are interested in:
- A collaborative approach to therapy
- Exploring your concerns with an open mind
- Learning how your life circumstances (both positive and negative) have shaped you
- Practicing evidence-based strategies (e.g. strategies that have been found to work) in an easily understandable and accessible way
- Gaining perspective or connecting with greater meaning in life, including deepening your understanding of yourself, your values, and relationships
- Participating in regular ‘check-ins’ about the therapeutic process (to ensure therapy continues to meet your needs)